The City of La Crescent is accepting applications for one immediate position of full-time Peace Officer (Patrol Officer).
Whether you have always wanted to make a difference in people’s lives or simply want to be a part of a bond unlike any other, the La Crescent Police Department may be the place for you. Learn more about us on Facebook.
Qualified applicants will have a valid full-time P.O.S.T license or be eligible to be licensed, be a citizen of the United States, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, and pass a background check as well as a physical and psychological examinations.
Patrol Officer position is a member of Law Enforcement Labors Services with a 2023 contract starting wage of $26.36 per hour with additional wage incentives for medical certificates (EMR/EMT) and shift differential. Lateral entry allowed based on qualifications and experience.
Application and job description may be obtained at https://www.cityoflacrescent-mn.gov under the Police Department tab, La Crescent Department Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064812785895 or by contacting the City of La Crescent at 507-895-4414.
La Crescent Police Department
315 Main Street
P.O. box 142
La Crescent, MN 55947
- Patrol Officers represented by LELS Local #120
- 2023 starting wage $26.36 hr. with 72-month six (6) step increases to $33.64 hr.
- Shift differential $1.40 per hour (work the majority of shift between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.)
- Current medical certification an additional $3.00 per hour (EMR/EMT)
- Uniform allowance of $775 per year
- Paid Holidays (Each employee must work if scheduled (reg rate + time 1/2) and is considered off work if scheduled to be off work. Each member will get on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving of each year, eleven (11) days’ pay at the rate of eight (8) hours pay or eighty-eight (88) hours in pay in a lump sum cash payment for that year)
- 2023 Medical Insurance contribution $1851/month for family and $1,004/month for single coverage
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Leave with the ability to bank Compensatory Time