THE LA CRESCENT DMV WILL BE OPEN FOR WALK-IN SERVICES BEGINNING MAY 3RD. UNTIL THAT TIME APPOINTMENTS WILL STILL BE REQUIRED.
DMV HOURS: Mon. – Thurs. 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
PHONE: (507) 895-4627
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT: Cash or Check only
License Bureau Services:
- New Vehicle Registration (not done after 5:30 pm)
- License Plate Renewal
- Any Driver’s License Processing (not done after 5:30 pm)
- DNR licensing of: watercraft, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles
Driver’s license extensions end on March 31.
- The remaining 132,000 Minnesotans who have COVID-19 driver’s license and ID card extensions have just one week to renew their credentials.
- The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services division (DPS-DVS) announced on Jan. 27 that approximately 300,000 Minnesotans needed to renew their driver’s license or ID card by March 31.
- To maintain a valid driver’s license or ID, anyone with an extension must renew by the deadline.
DPS-DVS is working hard to make sure every Minnesota with an extension is aware they must renew by March 31 to maintain a valid driver’s license or ID.
PROOF OF INSURANCE IS NOW REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF MINNESOTA WHEN RENEWING LICENSE PLATE TABS AND REGISTERING A NEW VEHICLE.
Written tests: Due to Covid-19 written tests are not currently being done at City Hall. The written test can be taken online at http://dvs.dps.mn.gov can Manuals to study for the tests can be found online at http://dvs.dps.mn.gov or purchased in our office at $5.00 each for vehicles or motorcycles and $8.00 for CDL manuals.
Behind the wheel testing: Currently, due to Covid-19, the closest examination stations are in Rochester and Winona. For more information please visit http://dvs.dps.mn.gov
For additional Online services check out drive.mn.gov
New residents must change their license within 60 days after moving to Minnesota from another state (a written test must be taken) or 30 days after a change of address within the state.