Many drivers are making the switch to electric vehicles (EVs). To learn more about EVs please visit the following websites:
Electric Vehicle Resources
Learn about the benefits of Electric Vehicles along with Common EV Myths.
The latest “Midwest EV Infor List”
MN Electric Vehicle Owners provides a forum for MN plug-in vehicle (BEV and PHEV) owners to connect, share their experiences and learn more about EV related topics.
Xcel Energy: Electric Vehicle 101 explains the benefits of EVs, such as gas savings, maintenance savings, tax credits, and emissions reductions.
Xcel Energy: Use the Electric Vehicle Advisor to help find the EV models that best fit your lifestyle and use a calculator to estimate potential savings and environmental benefits.
Electric Vehicle Ordinance
The City of La Crescent adopted and Electric Vehicle Ordinance in November of 2022. You can find the ordinance language here Ordinance 563 EV Charging Equipment
Charging Electric Vehicles
Over 80% of electric vehicle charging occurs at home, and some charging can occur at workplaces or other public charging stations. Most EV owners charge their vehicles overnight like a cell phone.
Types of charging levels:
- Level 1 – plugging into a standard 120-volt wall outlet (typical household electrical outlet), also known as “trickle charging.” Requires no additional equipment installation.
- Adds 2-5 miles of range per hour
- Level 2 – Plugging into a 240-volt outlet (same as electric ovens or dryers) or a dedicated electric vehicle charging station (formally called EVSE, or Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment).
- Adds 10-50 miles of range per hour
- Level 3 – Also known as “Direct current (DC) fast charging.” These stations have power outputs ranging from 50kWh to 350kWh, and can fully charge a battery in around 30 minutes or less.
To learn more about how easy it is to charge your Electric Vehicle at home please visit the following websites:
Xcel Energy: Get set up to charge your vehicle at home with one of Xcel Energy’s Electric Vehicle Charging Programs
Xcel Energy: Learn more about charging your electric vehicle
MiEnergy: Information about MiEnergy’s Time of Use Rates
Interactive Map: https://evhype.com/map/
EV Market Statistical Research Data: https://evhype.com/ev-industry-stats/